Faces of the Skeleton Coast
During this expedition we will be driving along a stretch of desolate coastline where very few people have set foot before. The Skeleton Coast is infamous for the many ship wrecks along its inhospitable shores. Tales of immense suffering and loss of life, but also of miraculous escapes and heroic recues in years gone by add to the fascinating experience of travelling along this coast up to the Kunene River mouth, where Namibia and Angola meet. The mighty Kunene’s emerald green water carves a deep gorge through massive black rock formations and majestic yellow sand dunes on its way to the Atlantic Ocean. This area was previously closed to the general public, but has recently been opened up to allow only a handful of visitors per year to experience its barren beauty and share in its rich history. To make the experience even more rewarding, a stretch of 65 km of driving up huge sand dunes and sliding down the steep slip faces lies ahead as we turn east to cross the Namib desert. The return trip through the Hartmann Valley with its vast grasslands, mysterious fairy circles and abundance of game offers an unique experience of its own. This is an expedition not to miss out on!
TOUR PRICES VALID UNTIL 30 JUNE 2021:
Adult: R 13,950.00
Child aged 0-5 years: R 2,480.00
Child aged 6-16 years: R 3,980.00
Child aged 17 years: R 7,300.00
Single Supplement: R 1,750.00
*single supplement added to vehicle with only one adult.
Included: Breakfast and dinner daily, experienced guides with own vehicles, tour leader, two-way radios for vehicles, camping fees, concession fees, park entry fees & permits.
Excluded: Lunch, snacks and drinks, transport, fuel, camping gear, travel insurance and vehicle insurance and things of a personal nature. Accommodation in Swakopmund.
- Rates are applicable to SADC Residents only.
- This tour operates on a minimum of 20 adult guests travelling.
- Special terms & conditions apply to any tour booked on an exclusive private basis.
- Prices for concession fees, taxes, park fees and fuel may be changed without prior notice. This is beyond our control and any increase levied will be for the traveller’s account.
- This tour is offered in partnership with the concession holder, Skeleton Coast Adventure Tours / OIG.