Hiking into the forbidden land!
The Namib100 is not your average run-of-the-mill hike, but rather in a bucket-list league of its own with the likes of Kilimanjaro, the Grand Canyon and the Camino de Santiago.
Join us on a fully-catered, fully-supported, 5-day slackpacking hike into the oldest desert on earth - the Namib. On this exclusive 100-kilometre hike you will traverse an area that answers to names like Forbidden Land, Sperrgebiet and Skeleton Coast, where numerous shipwrecks stand witness to the power of nature over man.
This is a Live the Journey ‘Exclusive’ hike, which means that as a concession holder, we have exclusive rights to host a limited number of hikes in the Namib Desert concession. The 100 km five-day hike originates a few kilometres outside of Walvis Bay and ends at the wreck of the famous Eduard Bohlen, which was stranded in 1909.
Distance: 100 km.
Duration: 5 Days (not including pre-/ post days)
Group size: Groups are limited to only 24 hikers.
Rating: Level 6 and 7 – although it is not a difficult hike, endurance and stamina is required.
Rates from 01 November 2023 – 31 October 2024:
SADC Residents - R 26 100 per person (R 21 600 hike cost + concession fee R 4 500)
International Passport Holders - R 26 800 per person (R 21 600 hike cost + concession fee R 5 200)
*Prices for concession fees, taxes, park fees and fuel may be changed without prior notice. This is beyond our control and any increase levied will be passed to you.
All rates are quoted in South African Rand and subject to increase.
IS A BOOKING REQUIREMENT THAT YOU MUST SUBMIT PROOF OF TRAVEL INSURANCE WHEN MAKING YOUR FIRST PAYMENT; YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO JOIN THE TOUR WITHOUT TRAVEL INSURANCE.
Included: Three meals per day during the hike, limited beer and wine will be available each evening. Drinking water (5 litres per person per day) and water for showering (5 litres per person per day). Transport from Walvis Bay to the starting point, transport from the Eduard Bohlen to Walvis Bay, all in convoy-style with 4x4 vehicles. Support team and 4x4 vehicle convoy. Shower and chemical toilet at each overnight campsite. Concession fees*, park fees, vehicle park fees and community levy.
Excluded: Pre and post travel arrangements (travel by road, flights, accommodation). Travel insurance – to be taken out within 24 hours of first payment made towards the tour. Travel insurance must include cover for extreme adventure and must include emergency medical evacuation cover by air. Snacks and drinks that you would like to take on the hike. Camping gear and bedding (can be hired at extra cost). Communal dinner and all drinks at info session on day 0. Visa fees (if applicable).
- Groups are limited to only 24 hikers.
- Special terms & conditions apply to any tour booked on an exclusive private basis.
- Prices for concession fees, taxes, park fees and fuel may be changed without prior notice. This is beyond our control and any increase levied will be for the traveller’s account.
- Your luggage will be transported during the trip. Please make sure to pack light and use ‘soft’ baggage. You will only have to hike with your daypack.
- *Concession fees are paid to the Topnaars. The Topnaar community, proud custodians of the Namib Desert, received concession rights from the Ministry of Environment and Tourism. The concession rights allows the Topnaar community to control, protect and conserve the desert, the !Nara plants, Topnaar graves, historical homesteads as well as the fauna and flora of this area. In Live the Journey, the Topnaars found a worthy partner, a company that honours and understands the heart of the Namib Desert and all it holds.
Please also visit namib100hike.com for more information.